The Economics Club is a student-run organization created with the purpose of promoting an interest in economics and related areas across campus. In 2016 the Club became a Student Chapter of the National Association for Business Economics.
The club is active in inviting professional economists to speak on campus, organizing educational trips, participating in the Federal Reserve Challenge and community-based research.
The current officers are Jessica Robinson (President), Roberto D'Amato (Vice President) and Anthony Santelle (Treasurer). The faculty advisor is John Whitehead.
Meetings are held on the first Wednesday of the month at 6:15.
- Boyles Distinguished Lecture Series: Dr. John Silvia presents "Optimism on Growth on the Basis of Thoughtful Stimulus", March 31, 2017 [video, slides and photos]
- College Fed Challenge team featured in competition promo video, September 5, 2017
- Appalachian economics students place first in regional and district College Fed Challenge, earn honorable mention in finals, December 9, 2016
- Appalachian State University Wins District College Fed Challenge, November 10, 2016
- Economics students earn top spot during regional College Fed Challenge, November 2, 2016